Why are clients constantly not engaged in clinical addiction treatment settings and what can you do to stop them from leaving?
As an addiction treatment center owner or marketing professional you get tired of all the work you do to get the clients into an addiction treatment And then they leave a few days into treatment or before treatment is finished. The problem with this is compounded. First, as a treatment center that accepts insurance this affects your insurance rate, the higher the AMA/APA rate the worse your insurance premiums and reimbursements will be. Second, this affects the clients currently in treatment and when one client leaves treatment against medical advice multiple clients will leave with them. This makes your AMA/APA rate worse and causes a lot of undue stress for your addictions counselors and addiction staff.
Third, when a client decides to leave against medical advice everyone is needed to triage that client. This causes mass chaos within the addiction treatment facility and it causes your staff to be pulled in multiple directions while other clients are not given the proper services. In addition your staff can get compassion fatigue and burn out with constantly dealing with negativity of one or multiple clients leaving. A lot of the AMA APAs occur on a Friday night or Saturday or Sunday when you do not have a primary staff on duty and you have the weekend staff or the BT team. Clients generally will try to do more things they should not be doing like smoking, shopping, gambling, having sex etc. on the weekends because you’re generally have less staff and you have staff that is spread thin. In addition, usually do not have multiple addictions counselors available to triage an AMA/APA or create an AMA block.
The addictions Academy developed the only AMA/APA block training class for all of your staff that is effective. Most of our Addictions treatment centers that have taken the AMA/APA block class have reported a 30% decrease in AMA and APA is within the first 30 days. Our class is available for your entire staff which we recommend you train or individually online at a self study online video series. Below you will find a professional value of our training and you can call for group discount at 1-800-706-0318 extension 2. You can also check out our website at www.theaddictionscademy.com
Professional Value of our APA/AMA Block Training
- Learning the Proper Language to use to end the AMA/APA.
- How to build rapport with the client before during and after the intervention process.
- How to refer out and build referrals with partner Centers.
- Key Questions to ask the person to stop the AMA/APA.
- Increase Return on Investment (ROI).
- Handling the angry and obstinate client.
- Proper use of Assessment Tools.
- Service Coordination for Client Retainment.
- Objections 101.
- Reducing the AMA and APA Rate from the beginning, not just in crisis.
- Overcoming Objections to Treatment.
- Dealing with the desire to ‘just get high”.
- Handling guilt, remorse, and self-sabotaging behaviors.
- Body Language Techniques/NLP
- Stages of change
- Active vs. Passive Listening Skills