The Addictions Academy: 6 Common Signs of A Food Addiction
- You crave certain foods, even when you are not actually hungry.
- When you give into the craving, you’ll set a limit for yourself, but will go past that point, many times without consciously realizing it. You may eat the food until you feel stuffed.
- You may feel guilty after giving into your craving.
- You often hide the junk food from others. Either in a physical sense (like a special drawer, or a box under the bed) Or, you may always eat healthy in front of others, (like having a salad at work for lunch everyday) but then eat an entire bag of chips or container of ice cream when you get home.
- You set rules for yourself on amounts or have tried multiple times to stop eating certain junk foods, but you are never successful.
- You feel helpless to control your eating habits, even though you know it is physically damaging your body.
Learn how to help those suffering with a food addiction, become a Certified Food Addiction Coach!
Register for our upcoming LIVE virtual class on September 1-2. 1.800.706.0318
FOOD ADDICTION COACHING
Nationally Certified Food Addictions Coach (NCFAC)
In Food Addiction Coaching we will explain the differences between healthy and unhealthy relationships with food, how to spot a hidden eating disorder, what the difference between dieting and lifestyle choices are and how to deal with all of them as they present in your client. We address food addictions as both part of the addictive cycle and also independent of other addictions.
For most addicts, an addiction is addiction and food is no different. They complete substance abuse treatment and then begin abusing food and foodstuffs. They may over eat, binge eat, indulge in sugar and caffeine and gain weight. At the Addictions Academy we teach you how to handle the food addiction side when the monster of drugs and alcohol is tamed. We also teach to how to handle a food addiction that is independent of other addictions. Become Certified in Food Addictions. Contact us today. 1.800.706.0318