August 1st – 2nd 2019 ($1174.00)
Nationally Certified Sober Companion and Safe Transport (Sober Escort)
Sober Companions and safe transport (sober escort from treatment and to and from appointments) have been around for a very long time. Up until now, there has been no real certification or training process for the people that provide these services and it was merely based on the honor system of years in recovery off of a 12 step model of peer support.
In recent years, we have seen a current rise in non 12 step treatment and that calls for more diversity in services that the addiction industry can provide for clients. In addition, a higher caliber of clientele requires a higher caliber of training. Most sober companions make between 1200 to 2500 per day (24-hour span) for services. Clients that will pay this rate expect high-quality education and training and value for services not just being drug to meetings and running life errands.
With training as a sober coach or safe transport, you are able to take your ‘street knowledge’ and personal experience in the addiction recovery world and add some solid training behind your name to give you even more credibility in the addiction industry. In addition to gaining a wealth of new knowledge and understanding in the addiction process, you will also learn the ethical and legal side of companionship and transports. If you are toting clients around in your personal vehicle you need this class.
What Is Included in Our Sober Companion Certification and Safe Transport Training Course?
Our 36 Hour CEU Accredited Sober Companion Certification and Training Program Includes:
- Two-Day Immersion online virtual classroom (or Live in-person) experience for Certified Sober Companion and Safe Transport. Class runs 10-3 EST (see calendar HERE for dates, times and locations). Exam follows. Manual included.
- Certified Life Coach class with manual and exam at your leisure. No time limit to complete this course (optional but included in price).
- Ethics self-study component at your leisure with manual and exam. No time limit to complete this course (optional but included in price).
- Clinical supervision every Tuesday from 10-11 EST for 10 weeks to hone your companion and coaching skills (optional but included in price). Call in via phone or access us via web platform face to face.
- Copy of #1 BESTSELLING WORKBOOK of activities.
ALL OF THIS FOR ONE PRICE, NO HIDDEN FEES.
$1174.00 SAVE $1698.00
Topics covered in all classes:
- Ethics versus moral issues
- Legal Side of Companions and Transport
- Registering your vehicle for safety
- Sober Coaching verses Sober Companions
- How to market and position yourself for lucrative clients
- Daily schedules and routines with clients
- Purpose of the 12 step model in companion work
- How to secure and build a treatment team
- How to set value for services
- Active vs passive listening skills
- Designing an Action Plan
- Harm Reduction including MAT Services
- Mental Health Issues
- Safety Concerns
- Other addictions besides drugs and alcohol: gaming, gambling, sex, etc
- Addressing job/educational issues
- Understanding family dynamics and how it affects your client
- Creating a positive support team
The stakes are high with A LOT of sober companions and transport agencies available. It is time to get trained and certified by the largest online and in-person training company in the world. Call Today 800 706 0318 ext 2