Nationally Certified Hypnotherapist
Are Your Ready to Become a Nationally Certified Hypnotherapist or Professional Hypnotist?
Melody Smith, PhD, LMHC (MH8575), CHI, is a nationally certified NGH Hypnosis Instructor who will educate you in the art of how hypnosis takes the client to their core issues that feed the desire to self-anesthetize. Even more helpful to the client, you will learn how hypnosis reinforces sobriety, motivates goal setting, and relieves stressors.
Becoming a Certified Hypnotherapist or Certified Consulting Hypnotist will greatly improve client outcomes and significantly increase your revenue stream.
This FL-Approved, 4- weekend course includes comprehensive materials as well as a 1 year membership in the National Guild of Hypnotists, the oldest and most well respected organization of its kind. With this certification, you will be able to practice hypnosis nationally. If you are a licensed State-of-Florida health provider, you will also earn 75 CEU’s and be entitled to call yourself a Hypnotherapist. Those who do not hold a license may also practice nationally and call themselves a Professional Consulting Hypnotist.
In addition to the basic criteria, you will learn self-hypnosis and how to teach self-hypnosis to your clients to further assist them in sustaining their progress. Also, included in the course, Dr. Smith will hypnotize you to demonstrate proper hypnotic skills, what it is like to be the client, and as a bonus help you to improve any aspect of your life that you would like to enhance!
During the 75 classroom hours of this course, you will be practicing hypnosis with one another and Dr. Smith will be offering real time suggestions on how to hone your craft and feel very comfortable hypnotizing others. You are also required to practice 25 hours on your own time prior to the end of the course.
This course will also teach you to use hypnosis to positively alter behaviors in clients who ask for smoking cessation, weight management, overcoming phobias and an unlimited variety of behavioral changes including shifting perception and improving outlook!
You will learn how to conduct a six-hour weight management, smoking cessation, and self-hypnosis course. Also, you will be introduced to working with children’s challenges and working with physicians and dentists to provide pain relief and pain management, (analgesia & anesthesia).
The course is didactic in nature and held in a live classroom setting. All books and materials pertinent to the course curriculum are included. Audio and video material is incorporated into the curriculum. You will receive all forms used in working with your clientele including Intake, HIPPA Compliance, Confidentiality, Physician Referral, Duty to Warn, Client Contract, and Client Note Structure.
There is emphasis placed upon marketing your practice and learning how to conduct seminars in hypnosis for public edification.
Unique to this course:
Students who graduate from my course receive a 1 year mentorship with me and use of office space in Boca Raton when available!
- To establish rapport
- To become a competent and effective hypnotist
- History of hypnosis
- How hypnosis works
- Compare the conscious, subconscious, and unconscious minds
- To identify and explain misconceptions and myths about hypnosis
- How to define and assess hypnotizability
- To identify and describe hypnoidal states
- To prepare the client for hypnosis mentally and physically
- To assess for personality influences
- To identify and assess contraindications to hypnosis
- How to induce a client into the state of hypnosis
- How to emerge the client from the state of hypnosis and debrief
- To apply learned suggestibility tests
- How to alter unwanted behaviors
- How to conduct group hypnosis classes for weight management, smoking cessation, and public speaking
- How to teach self-hypnosis
- How to form goals and objectives
- The power of words
- How to use self-hypnosis
- Children’s inductions
- To describe key theories of hypnosis
- To identify stages of hypnosis
- Depth levels and testing for depth levels of hypnosis
- To design goals and objectives contract with client
- To develop technique, language and rhythm
- To differentiate between a hypnotherapist and a hypnotist in the State of FL
- The standard of ethics and practices of hypnosis
- The boundaries and scope of practice
- The Client Bill of Rights
- To identify and classify clients based upon personality
- To select the proper induction
- To compose appropriate scripts
- How to administer a post-hypnotic suggestion
- The usage of mechanical aids
- Deepening techniques
- Abreactions and how to remedy them
- The possible dangers and unethical aspects of practicing hypnosis
- To induce analgesia and anesthesia
- To create the proper office environment
- Regression techniques
- Compare private vs group sessions
- How to market your practice
- How to develop an esoteric practice
Professional Value of This Course:
- Enhance your ability to effect positive client outcomes!
- Increase your marketability!
- Add to your credentials!
- Greatly increase your income stream!
- Become an independent practitioner!
- Expand your clientele!
Earning Your Certification:
- Complete 75 classroom and 25 practice hours
- Pass final exam with a score of 80% or better
- Demonstrate hypnosis proficiency on a classmate
In this course, you will learn hypnosis using the performance method, gaining actual hands-on experience. Upon completion of the training, you will be qualified to interact with clients as an NGH Certified Consulting Hypnotist or Hypnotherapist.
It is important to find your “talk” button during this training as it’s the most important tool used
in hypnosis. In order to achieve access to your talk button, part of your homework will be to
practice with friends and relatives. As part of your final exam, you will work with a classmate,
doing a full session from the initial greeting to the debriefing.
Practicum hours (approximately 25) include:
- Students are responsible for reading the daily lessons ahead of time and having
corresponding questions ready each day.
- Completing the take-home quiz at the end of each class weekend.
- By the end of the program, each student will have created a complete stand-alone
program for self-hypnosis, which can be presented to groups of all sizes. This course can
be a springboard for the hypnotist to be accepted as the expert on hypnosis in their
- By the end of the program, each student will have presented a 3-5 minute explanation of
hypnosis, what it is and how it works.
Each day will begin with a short quiz/review of the previous day’s lessons. This information will make up the bulk of the final exam on Day 12.
Please check class schedule carefully prior to sign-up as you will be partnered with a buddy. That person will be depending upon you to be present. Check class dates at www.ichahypnosistraining.com.