Failure To Launch
Nationally Certified Failure to Launch Coach (NCFLC)
Failure to Launch Coach Certification and Training Program for those that want to help young adults flourish and get ‘unstuck’ in life. The term Failure to Launch Syndrome has surfaced and it describes the teen or early adult (sometimes 30 to 40’s even) that is still living at home, working sporadic jobs (or not working at all), and sometimes hooked on video games or drugs and alcohol. The parents are not sure what to do, but the enabling has gotten out of hand. Some of the parents not only provide lodging and pay their son/daughter’s rent, their car payment and provide spending money but they also come over and clean, cook, and do all the laundry.
If you heard the terms Helicopter Parenting, Snowplow Parenting, or even Lawnmower Parenting, this is the solution. These parenting styles have risen out of ‘the leave no child behind’ educational concept, and no one gets cut from the cheer squad or football team. In essence, these kids do not learn failure and are used to their parents making everything Ok for them. They may fill out one job application and complain it is too hard. They expect to work for high pay, limited hours, and do little to no work with no real training skill set. They report high levels of anxiety and depression and they are skilled at manipulation with their parents.
In This Failure to Launch Training and Certification class, you will learn how to deal with the clients and their parents. Our Professional certification and training will teach you how to uncover your client’s hidden talents and create an action plan with them. You will learn how to create and set parental boundaries, expectations, and follow-through. You will learn how to coach, deal with the fear of failure versus fear of success, and how to create purpose and passion for your clients. See more below.
NOTE: There are NO prerequisites to this course, however, it is recommended that you also take the Nationally Certified Family Recovery Coach class. Included in Fix Failure to Launch Certification, is a Self Study Certification and training in Case Management, an ethics class, and 10 hours of coach mentorship/supervision. We do offer Job Board, Networking, and Business/Private Practice assistance. We also hire from within once you are trained, certified, insured, and bonded.
Your Host for this Training, Dr. Cali Estes
Dr. Cali Estes is a Therapist, Life Coach, Recovery Coach, Addictions Coach, and Wellness Guru, Dr. Cali Estes has been named ‘The Female Dr. Drew’ by the media. She has been featured on CNN, NBC, FOX, ABC, KTLA, People Mag, Yoga Digest, and more. She is the Founder of The Addictions Academy and the wildly popular Sober on Demand for an alternative to drug and alcohol treatment services. She has also created the first-ever addiction and mental health supplement line, ProRecoveryRx.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN (in both video series and online Virtual Classroom)
In Our fix Failure 2 Launch class
- We will discuss drugs, alcohol, gaming, any unhealthy addictions
- How to address social anxiety, depression and mental health issues
- Address employment, including short and long-term goals & plans.
- Create a plan to uncover hidden goals, interests, including purpose and passion in life
- How to involve the family in your programs
- How to create boundaries with the family
- How to create a financial plan with the client
- How to uncover stuck points
- The proper way to combat the Helicopter and Snowplow parenting styles
- How to help the family work through any inter-family related matters
- Direct vs indirect communication issues/styles
- Family Dynamics and Family Systems Supports
- Understanding positive support systems and social activities
- Discovering the WHY: Inability to function on life’s terms
- How to Set new standards for the parents or otherwise the ones enabling the client
- How to address education vs. work goals
- When to provide additional life coaching and guidance through turbulent periods
- How to address and squash addiction issues like drugs, alcohol, gaming and more.
- How to utilize varied approaches depending on the client, such as motivational tactics, moderate confrontation, responsive therapies and so on.
- Coaching skills verses motivational interviewing