Reduce AMA APA Rate
Treatment Centers struggle with clients wanting to leave Against Medical Advice (AMA) or Against Professional Advice (APA) and sometimes the length of stay of your client does not meet the goal of the treatment team. When a client wants to leave it creates a crisis disruption that pulls all of the treatment team staff away from helping other clients to convince the one client to stay. This usually results in multiple clients leaving at once, because the treatment team is not trained in AMA/APA blocking techniques.
At The Addictions Academy, we have developed a training program that crosses clinical verbiage and retention techniques to improve the AMA/APA rate of your Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center Team. We will analyze the systems you have in place, meet your staff, and train them on both clinical terminology and closing retention tactics. We have cross blended Motivational Interviewing, with Coaching and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy terminology and sales closing techniques for a proven system that retains clients. The relationship that is built with the client pre-treatment and during treatment is crucial to the success of that client and your center. We have a comprehensive training program that will assist your staff in quickly resolving the issue, resulting in less staff needed to block the AMA/APA client and fewer clients leaving resulting in more revenue for your drug and alcohol treatment center.
A happy, sober client is worth 4-10 referrals. An unhappy client is worth 40 negative reviews. Can you stand to lose 40 potential clients in this competitive market? This all translates into time lost and revenue lost. Loss of services to other clients, loss of possible other clients, loss of revenue that you spend thousands of dollars to get started in the first place. The Addictions Academy and Rescue Rehab can fix that glitch in the system for you.
We have been training treatment center teams for over 6 years in these techniques. Click HERE for our rehab and student reviews.
Professional Value of our Training
- Learning the Proper Language to use to end the AMA/APA.
- How to build rapport with the client before during and after the intervention process.
- How to refer out and build referrals with partner Centers.
- Key Questions to ask the person to stop the AMA/APA.
- Increase Return on Investment (ROI).
- Handling the angry and obstinate client.
- Proper use of Assessment Tools.
- Service Coordination for Client Retainment.
- Objections 101.
- Reducing the AMA and APA Rate from the beginning, not just in crisis.
- Overcoming Objections to Treatment.
- Dealing with the desire to ‘just get high”.
- Handling guilt, remorse, and self-sabotaging behaviors.
- Body Language Techniques/NLP
- Stages of change
- Active vs. Passive Listening Skills
Our training is a comprehensive, 1-day intensive course that includes multiple role play and scenario outcomes. We do offer follow up training to measure the tools we put in place during the training with your staff. We target all the necessary functions of an APA/AMA block to ensure the client remains in treatment.
Call us today at 1.800.706.0318