Nationally Certified Internet Addictions Coach (NCIAC)
Internet Addictions Coach
Lost Online: When the Internet takes over your life it can be a serious problem, and even an addiction. Limited information is available to treat this type of addiction and more and more people spend more time online than in real life. Have you tried to pry a cell phone from a 15-year-old’s hands? How will they ever post that selfie on Facebook or check in at Starbucks? Even 8-year-olds are addicted to gaming online and spend more time inside in front of a computer, phone, IPad or TV, than outside playing.
- Compulsion versus Need
- Internet Addiction and Porn
- Internet Addiction and Social Media: How self-esteem is tied to the amount of ‘likes’ or ‘tweets’.
- Social media and cyberbullying (Keyboard Commando)
- Social Media and Depression, Suicide (how this is preventable)
- Social media and identification of Authentic Self (how people create fake personas) AKA: catfish, or fake profiles or even posting on YELP under false personas.
- Social Media and how we have public versus Private Personas
- Internet addiction and shopping addiction (Amazon Prime and immediate need and self-gratification
- Internet addiction and gaming, (casino, candy crush, etc).
- How coaching plays into Internet addiction and process addictions. Utilizing active versus passive listening and more to understand how to coach an individual through Internet Addiction issues.
- Coaching: Active verses passive listening
- Behavior Management and Moderation
- Motivational Interviewing Techniques
- and more…
Course includes 2 day webinar, 10 weeks of clinical supervision, all exams, manuals, copy of our “Best Selling Workbook”, ethics self study course and relapse prevention self study course. Total hours is 36 hours.