What you will learn:
- The differences between healthy and unhealthy relationships with food.
- How to spot a hidden eating disorder and what to do about it.
- The difference between dieting and lifestyle choices.
- Sugar and connection with opiates.
- Sugar and the connection with alcohol.
- How to kick the sugar habit (if you want to)
- Eating as Punishment.
- Addictions to sugar, caffeine, and energy drinks.
- Exploration of chemical imbalances in the body.
- Serotonin and how it plays a key role in food choices.
- Overcoming Food Addictions and the process to teach your client.
- Stuffing and numbing unprocessed feelings and how to teach your client ways to cope.
- How mental health and emotional health play a key role in food addictions.
- Ways to spot hidden food addictions.
- The difference between eating disorders, emotional eating and food addictions.
- Self Esteem and lifestyle changes to implement with your client.
- How to spot triggers and stressors and what to do about it.
- Dopamine connections
- and more
What is a food addiction coach? A food addiction coach focuses on the client’s relationship with food and how food is used to stuff feelings down, hide ideals and escape whatever stress and unhappiness they have in their life. similar to drug and alcohol addictions and recovery coaches, a food addictions coach is no different, we help the client understand a healthy new relationship with food.
Addiction with food is one of the least talked about but most overused addictions. The Addictions Academy offers training on how to combat food addictions and also coaching for food addicts that have trouble specifically dealing in addiction with food. Our sister company, The Addictions Coach can assist you if you want to hire a food addictions coach.
Since abstinence from food is not an option, we offer coping skills and behavior-changing life skills. At The Addictions Academy, we will address how to handle going to an Overeaters Anonymous meeting where there is no caffeine and no sugar versus going to a Narcotics Anonymous meeting where coffee and doughnuts are served. Please note this is not a restrictive eating class (no diets but good versus bad foods to eat will be addressed). We are going to address all Food Addiction issues and ways to use coping skills and mechanisms to reduce stuffing, overeating, under-eating, dieting, restricting and using food as a tool to deal with stressors in life.
Our Food Addiction Certification Program is ideal for Therapists, Addiction Coaches, Personal Trainers, Yoga Teachers, Weight Loss Consultants, Health Coaches, Fitness Trainers, Group Exercise Instructors, even Life Coaches, anyone looking to obtain more clients or add more services and credentials to their resume will benefit from The Addictions Academy Food Addictions Certificate Program. ALSO if you have a food addiction, this class will be a great kick start to your lifestyle change!
TOTAL Hours: 36 hours PLUS exam times
The Professional Value of Courses:
- Increase your client base or start a new business
- Increase your earning potential with an added revenue stream
- Work on your own food addiction issues, heal yourself first, then your clients!
- Add Credentials to your Name
- Learn from an International Education Provider (ICF, ACPTO, CACCF etc)
- Make yourself more marketable to other providers
- Increase your income WITHOUT TAKING INSURANCE
- How to market yourself as a Food Addictions Coach.
- How to expand your clientele base and start your own Coaching Business.
- Contracts and forms for clients, Service Contract, HIPAA Compliance, Duty to Warn, and Confidentially and more included
- Travel at your leisure with your clients, all expenses paid.
Call Today at 1.800.706.0318
NAADAC Education Approved, IAAP Education Approved and AACT Accredited.