Nationally Certified Harm Reduction Coach
The Addictions Academy is Proud to Present (NCHRC)
Being a Professional today means being an expert in your respective niche. You must be well rounded and know all aspects of your industry. Professionals in the addiction recovery industry today need to have an in-depth understanding of all of the treatment modalities available to clients. It doesn’t mean that the professional has to agree or disagree, approve, or disapprove of any particular modality as the client will choose the modality that they wish to utilize in their own recovery. Even if the recovery professional happens to be in recovery and experienced in a certain modality, it would be considered unethical for the professional to try to push one modality over another. You need to be well versed in all aspects of addiction and treatment modalities.
Harm reduction (or harm minimization) is a scope of general public health policies intended to lessen the unsafe results connected with different human practices, both lawful and illicit. Harm reduction strategies are utilized to oversee practices, for example, recreational drug use and sexual activities in various settings that range from services through to geographical districts. Faultfinders of harm reduction normally trust that enduring hazardous or unlawful conduct makes an impression on the community that such practices are adequate and that a portion of the activities proposed by defenders of harm reduction doesn’t decrease hurt over the long haul.
What Is Included in Our Harm Reduction Coach Certification and Coaching Training Course?
Our 16 Hour CEU Accredited Harm Reduction Coach Certification and Training Program Includes:
- Online self-study component as an add-on to recovery coaching or life coaching.
- Exams, Credential
What You will learn:
- M.A.T Programming (Medically Assisted Therapy)
- Needle exchange programs
- Naloxone, Suboxone, Methadone options
- Safe Injection Sites
- Opioid Replacement Treatment (ORT)
- Heroin Maintenance programs
- Alcohol Harm Reduction Techniques
- Ethics of Harm Reduction
- Treatment Modalities
- Sugar, Food, and Nutrition
- Porn and Sex Addiction
- Safer sex programs
- Legalized prostitution
- Sex work and HIV
- Decriminalization of Drugs
- Gaming, Gambling and Internet Addiction
- Social Media Harm reduction
With the acceptance of alternative methods of treating substance use disorder, it is imperative that you get the most comprehensive training available and understand what the alternatives are at this time. Not every client wants to be totally abstinent and you need to understand all types of therapy being offered. MAT programming and Controlled drinking are just a few of the buzzwords right now. Cannabis use and also step down detox protocols, along with safe injection sites and decriminalization of drugs are on the forefront of the addiction industry.
Professional Value of Courses:
- Increase your client base by learning a new modality
- Increase your earning potential, more clients equals more income
- Add Credentials to your Name
- Make yourself more marketable to treatment centers and others
- Increase your income WITHOUT TAKING INSURANCE
- How to market yourself as an Harm Reduction Recovery Coach
- How to expand your clientele base and start your own Coaching Business
- Contracts and forms for clients, Service Contract, HIPPA Compliance, Duty to Warn, Confidentiality Forms (Purchase Forms Book)